Apologies, but no results were found for the requested archive. Perhaps searching will help find a related post.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
- Addressing Mental Health Issues In HIV Care May 23, 2013The integration of mental health interventions into HIV prevention and treatment platforms can reduce the opportunity costs of care and improve treatment outcomes, argues a new Policy Forum article published in this week's PLOS Medicine... […]
- Using Anabolic Steroids May Affect Your Future Mental Health May 23, 2013There is a link between use of anabolic-androgenic steroids and reduced mental health later in life. This is the main conclusion of a new study on elite male strength athletes that researchers from the University of Gothenburg recently published in the British Journal of Sports Medicine. Twenty per cent of the subjects in the study admitted steroid use... […]
- Life Expectancy Gap Widens Between Those With Mental Illness And General Population May 22, 2013But majority of deaths are due to physical conditions, not suicide The gap between life expectancy in patients with a mental illness and the general population has widened since 1985 and efforts to reduce this gap should focus on improving physical health, suggest researchers in a paper published today on bmj.com... […]
- Suicide Can Be Contagious Among Teens May 22, 2013Suicide can be contagious, especially among teenagers, according to a new study published in the Canadian Medical Association Journal (CMAJ). The research suggests that one person's suicide can influence another person's suicidal thoughts or behavior, and this is particularly seen among younger adolescents... […]
- In US, 20% Of Children Have A Mental Disorder May 19, 2013Nearly 20% of children in the United States suffer from a mental disorder, and the number has been increasing for over a decade, according to a new report released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The report covered the topic of mental disorders among children aged 3 to 17 for the first time... […]
- Addressing Mental Health Issues In HIV Care May 23, 2013